Following on from the huge success of his latest EP ‘JUSTINE’, released in June 2020, fast-rising singer, songwriter and producer Tony Njoku is back once again to unveil his latest EP ‘KILLTONY’.
Adopting more of that genre-bending aesthetic he is getting known for, ‘KILLTONY showcases the artist as one of the more diverse and adventurous artists working today. Taking influence from the trap-inspired hip-hop sound and combining it with a fresh and atmospheric production gives this new release a distinct and remarkable vision that sees him take his rich sound to a whole new level.
Speaking about the title track ‘KILLTONY’, Tony said, “This is about killing ego, facing your shortcomings, owning up to your bad traits, mistakes and wrong doings….all in an attempt to elicit radical change.”
Tony Njoku is a British-Nigerian electronic music producer and songwriter, born in Lagos but based in London since age 14. Although only 26 years old, Tony has already played widely across Europe, supporting acts including Kokoko!, Gaika, Anna Von Hauswolff, Laura Misch, Puma Blue, IDER and Rival Consoles, appearing at key tastemaker festivals Simple Things, Sonic City and Gilles Peterson’s We Out Here.
His self-penned and produced songs have been described as ‘strikingly evocative soundscapes, managing to make even the shortest pop songs sound like epic adventures.’
With a sound that is both experimental and delicate, emotional and danceable – like a mad fusion of Sampha and Aphex Twin – Tony is a magnificently talented and versatile artist, performing solo with his unique mix of raw, vulnerable vocals and electronic mastery.
A Socially Distanced show.
Thanks to Arts Council England.
- A mask must be worn when walking around the venue
- Be mindful of keeping a safe social distance at all times
- Please sit only with people from your own household or social bubble, up to a maximum of 6
- Do not move any furniture
- Do not mingle with other groups or tables
- Please arrive with all of the people in your group at the same time
- You will be allocated seats upon arrival by venue staff
- If you have individual tickets but plan to arrive with someone else from your household or social bubble please arrive together to ensure ease
- There is no re-entry and no smoking during the event
- Drinks will be provided via table service
- Please note Government Covid-19 Restrictions are subject to change and this may be updated